TOO PURPLEY! comes out in board book format on July 19th. It’s purple. It’s adorable. AND it’s virtually indestructible. Now that’s something to celebrate!
So in honor of its board book birthday I’m holding a
Here’s how it works:
Sign up for a critique by entering your picture book WORKING TITLE in the comment section of this blog post anytime (midnight to midnight Mountain Time) on July 19th. Titles submitted before or after July 19th will not be considered.
I’ll throw all titles into a hat and pick 1 for critique.
Keep in mind:
* Manuscripts must be 1000 words or less.
* I accept only fiction.
* Level of detail in the critique will vary based on my impression of the caliber of the writing.
* Please understand that I’m not an editor and will not be providing line-editing of your work. My critique will be comprised of suggestions for improving your manuscript. So please send me your most polished piece.
* The critique winner must e-mail me his/her manuscript as a Word attachment within 48 hours of the announcement . Manuscripts will be kept completely confidential. When I receive the manuscript, I’ll let the author know when they can expect my critique.
* As with any art form, likes and dislikes are entirely subjective. Please understand that my critiques are only one reader’s/writer’s opinion. It’s always wise to seek feedback from a few different readers. If my ideas resonate with you, they’re yours to use. If you disagree, I encourage you to compare my comments with those of other readers. But in the end, it’s your book. Stay true to your vision.
I look forward to reading your work.
P.S. And don’t forget to check out the TOO PURPLEY! board book. Perfect for little hands (and teeth!). You can order it here.
P.S.S And while you’re at it, enter to win an autographed TOO PURPLEY! board book on Goodreads. Here’s the giveaway page.