It begins December 14th, and I’ve changed up the format a bit. Here’s how it will work:
Sign up for a critique by entering your PB WORKING TITLE in the comment section of this blog post anytime (midnight to midnight Mountain Time) on December 14th. Titles submitted before or after December 14th will not be considered.
I’ll throw all titles into a hat and pick 1 for critique. Please note, I’m only picking one so as not to dilute the auction value of my critique offered at the Bridget Zinn Auction. To up your chances of winning a critique, why not check out the auction too.
Keep in mind:
* Manuscripts must be 1000 words or less.
* I accept only fiction.
* Level of detail in the critique will vary based on my impression of the caliber of the writing.
* Please understand that I’m not an editor and will not be providing line-editing of your work. My critique will be comprised of suggestions for improving your manuscript. So please send me your most polished piece.
* The critique winner must e-mail me his/her manuscript as a Word attachment upon announcement of the winner. Manuscripts will be kept completely private. When I receive the manuscript, I’ll let the author know when they can expect my critique.
* As with any art form, likes and dislikes are entirely subjective. Please understand that my critiques are only one reader’s/writer’s opinion. It’s always wise to seek feedback from a few different readers. If my ideas resonate with you, they’re yours to use. If you disagree, I encourage you to compare my comments with those of other readers. But in the end, it’s your book. Stay true to your vision.
I look forward to reading your work.
P.S. For little “fashionistas” everywhere- TOO PURPLEY! – Preorder it now!