Private Picture Book PeekWeek Coming November 2nd!
A picture book manuscript critique contest for my blog followers only.
Enter by submitting your PB WORKING TITLE in the comment section of this blog post anytime (midnight to midnight Mountain Time) on November 2nd. Titles submitted before or after November 2nd will not be considered.
I’ll throw all titles into a hat and pick 1 for critique.
Keep in mind:
* Manuscripts must be 1000 words or less.
* I accept only fiction.
* Level of detail in the critique will vary based on my impression of the caliber of the writing.
* Please understand that I’m not an editor and will not be providing line-editing of your work. My critique will be comprised of suggestions for improving your manuscript. So please send me your most polished piece.
* The winning author must e-mail me his/her manuscript as a Word attachment on the day the winner is announced. The manuscript will be kept completely private. When I receive the manuscript, I’ll let the author know when to expect my critique.
* As with any art form, likes and dislikes are entirely subjective. Please understand that my critiques are only one reader’s/writer’s opinion. It’s always wise to seek feedback from a few different readers. If my ideas resonate with you, they’re yours to use. If you disagree, I encourage you to compare my comments with those of other readers. But in the end, it’s your book. Stay true to your vision.
I look forward to reading your work.
P.S. For little “fashionistas” everywhere- TOO PURPLEY! – Preorder it now!