Free critiques of select PB manuscripts – including those wretched rhymers (Yup, 3 of my upcoming PBs are written in verse!)
Peek Week #3 begins September 21st. I’ve changed up the format a bit. Here’s how it will work:
Sign up for a critique by entering your PB WORKING TITLE in the comment section of this blog post anytime (midnight to midnight Mountain Time) on September 21st. Titles submitted before or after September 21st will not be considered.
I’ll throw all titles into a hat and pick 3 for critique.
Keep in mind:
* Manuscripts must be 1000 words or less.
* I accept only fiction.
* Level of detail in the critique will vary based on my impression of the caliber of the writing.
* Please understand that I’m not an editor and will not be providing line-editing of your work. My critique will be comprised of suggestions for improving your manuscript. So please send me your most polished piece.
* The 3 critique winners may e-mail me their manuscripts as Word attachments. Manuscripts will be kept completely private. When I receive the manuscripts, I’ll let the authors know when they can expect my critique.
* As with any art form, likes and dislikes are entirely subjective. Please understand that my critiques are only one reader’s/writer’s opinion. It’s always wise to seek feedback from a few different readers. If my ideas resonate with you, they’re yours to use. If you disagree, I encourage you to compare my comments with those of other readers. But in the end, it’s your book. Stay true to your vision.
I look forward to reading your work.
P.S. For little “fashionistas” everywhere- TOO PURPLEY! – Preorder it now!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Remember – no titles until 9/21.
This is SO COOL of you to do, Jean! I will spread the word!<br /><br />And Too Purpley looks delightful–I think my 6-year-old would love this . . . I'll be looking for it next year! 🙂
PB WORKING TITLE – it's a secret<br /><br />e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org<br /><br />Thanks!
PB Working Title: The Very Best Grandma Ever Contest<br />(It's a rhymer!) Thanks, Jean!
Picture Book Peek Week Entry:<br />Christy Hale<br />Ranger Pete and the Wild Things<br />cmhale at bellsouth dot net<br /><br />thank you…you are so kind to offer this!
PB:<br />COMMANDER BABY: REPORTING FOR DESTRUCTION<br />How fun! Thanks, Jean!<br /><br />Amy
This comment has been removed by the author.
Title: The First Time I Saw My Baby<br /><br />Thanks for offering up this contest!
Thank you for doing this again, Jean. Your feedback is incredibly helpful–and I'm sure three lucky winners will be able to strengthen their manuscripts because of your insight.<br /><br />My title is: Silly Frilly Itchy
Thanks, Jean!<br /><br />Working title: And Then It Got Worse<br /><br />jody tom at sbcglobal dot net
Picture Book Working Title: Cook, Joey, Cook!<br /><br /><br />Thanks, Jean, for this contest!
PB Working Title: Ants Can't Dance<br /><br />Thank you!
Mtoto and His Pig<br /><br />Thanks for this opportunity.<br /><br />Ann Ingalls<br /><br />email@example.com
PB Working Title: Lake Magic<br /><br />Thank You Jean!<br /><br />etchedintime @ msn.com
Thanks for doing this again Jean.<br /><br />Title: The Dragon Must Go!<br /><br />tracivanwagoner(at)me.com
title: far above<br /><br />a.l.legore.mail at gmail dot com<br /><br />andy
Thank you so much for doing this, Jean!<br /><br />PB WORKING TITLE: YOU'RE SO SILLY<br /><br />-missy t from the blueboard
Thanks, Jean!<br /><br />Title: Total Terror
Yay!<br /><br />Title: Accident Prone<br /><br />Larissa 🙂
Title: Sandy Andy<br /><br />~Michelle B
Thanks for another chance!<br /><br />Working title: A Circus in Daily Woods
Thanks for offering this again, Jean. I really appreciated the critique you did for me. Keeping my fingers crossed.<br /><br />Working title: Sandman
Oooh what a great idea! Working title: The Unfortunate Lenore, Deceased