Free critiques of select PB manuscripts – including those wretched rhymers (Yup, 3 of my upcoming PBs are written in verse!)
Sign up for a critique by entering your FULL NAME, your PB WORKING TITLE and your E-MAIL ADDRESS in the comment section of this blog post anytime (midnight to midnight Mountain Time) on July 20th. Titles submitted before or after July 20th or without full author name and e-mail address will not be considered.
I’ll throw all titles into a hat and pick 3 for critique. I know this is down a bit from the 7 I read last time, but this more manageable number will allow me to “peek” more often.
Keep in mind:
* Manuscripts must be 1000 words or less.
* I accept only fiction.
* Level of detail in the critique will vary based on my impression of the caliber of the writing.
* Please understand that I’m not an editor and will not be providing line-editing of your work. My critique will be comprised of suggestions for improving your manuscript. So please send me your most polished piece.
* The 3 critique winners may e-mail me their manuscripts as Word attachments. Manuscripts will be kept completely private. When I receive the manuscripts, I’ll let the authors know when they can expect my critique.
* As with any art form, likes and dislikes are entirely subjective. Please understand that my critiques are only one reader’s/writer’s opinion. It’s always wise to seek feedback from a few different readers. If my ideas resonate with you, they’re yours to use. If you disagree, I encourage you to compare my comments with those of other readers. But in the end, it’s your book. Stay true to your vision.
I look forward to reading your work.