Here’s how it works:
- Take a video – under 2 minutes – of your kid, your spouse, your pet, your parents, your teacher — anyone — in the timeout corner doing what they do or telling us how they got there in the first place. Be creative but keep it clean.
- Post it on YouTube and send me the link. I’ll accept your links as soon as they’re ready, up through 8/31/12.
- Then, beginning 8/1/12, I’ll post the videos on this blog, in the order in which they came/come in. I reserve the right to exclude any videos which I deem inappropriate or not in the kid-friendly spirit of my books. Also, I won’t post any videos of children screaming or crying. My purpose, after all, is to have fun.
- Once your video is posted here, get all your friends to stop by and comment on your video blog post and, if you’re up for a little competition, tell them to submit videos too.
- Enter as many videos as you like.
The videos with the five highest number of unique commenters (must supply name and e-mail address) prior to September 1st (comments counted through 11:59 P.M. Mountain Time, 8/31/12) will win:
- 1st Prize – $100 gift card for Amazon or the online bookseller of your choice, a signed copy of TIME OUT FOR MONSTERS and a monster bag of goodies.
- 2nd-5th – Autographed copy of TIME OUT FOR MONSTERS!
So the sooner you enter, the more time you’ll have to gather voters!
See you in the corner!