Free critique of a selected Picture Book manuscript!
Picture Book Peek Week #7 begins March 1st. Here’s how it works:
Sign up for a critique by entering your PICTURE BOOK WORKING TITLE in the comment section of this blog post anytime (midnight to midnight Mountain Time) on March 1st. Titles submitted before or after March 1st will not be considered. If you are posting as an “Anonymous” entrant, you must include your full name with the title.
I’ll throw all titles into a hat and pick 1 for critique.
Keep in mind:
* I accept only one title per author per Peek Week.
* Manuscripts must be 1000 words or less.
* I accept only fiction.
* Level of detail in the critique will vary based on my impression of the caliber of the writing.
* Please understand that I’m not an editor and will not be providing line-editing of your work. My critique will be comprised of suggestions for improving your manuscript. So please send me your most polished piece.
* The critique winner may e-mail me the manuscript as a Word attachment. Manuscripts are kept completely private. When I receive the manuscript, I’ll let the author know when they can expect my critique.
* As with any art form, likes and dislikes are entirely subjective. Please understand that my critique is only one reader’s/writer’s opinion. It’s always wise to seek feedback from a few different readers. If my ideas resonate with you, they’re yours to use. If you disagree, I encourage you to compare my comments with those of other readers. But in the end, it’s your book. Stay true to your vision.
I look forward to reading your work.
P.S. For little “fashionistas” everywhere- TOO PURPLEY! – Order it now!